Napier Port is in Napier, New Zealand, on Hawkes Bay. It is the North Island’s second largest export port by tonnage, and is owned by the Port of Napier Ltd. Here we look at some of the ships that visited the port in the 1970s and early 1980s.

All photos courtesy of Don Smith/phototransport.com

The 8,826grt Agate Islands was built in 1959 by Oskarshamns Varv as the Brott for Henriksens Rederi A/S of Oslo. She became agate islands of Somalian company Blue Sea Shipping in 1973. On 6th March 1986 she arrived in Santa Maria to be broken up by Intercon.
The 8,826grt Agate Islands was built in 1959 by Oskarshamns Varv as the Brott for Henriksens Rederi A/S of Oslo. She became agate islands of Somalian company Blue Sea Shipping in 1973. On 6th March 1986 she arrived in Santa Maria to be broken up by Intercon. Photo: PhototTransport.com

Subscribe today to read the full article!

Simply click below to subscribe and not only read the full article instantly, but gain unparalleled access to the specialist magazine for shipping enthusiasts.

Subscribe nowLog In

PhotoTransport

Comments

Sorry, comments are closed for this item