Everard’s were founded in 1889 by Frederick T. Everard who was a builder of Thames sailing barges with a works at Greenhithe. the Everard company had a tradition of naming its ships with the name ending in ‘ity’ and usually, the name beginning with an A although s and c were also used. Many of the fleet sported yellow hulls and were known as the ‘Yellow perils’.
All photos courtesy of Don Smith/phototransport.com
Subscribe today to read the full article!
Simply click below to subscribe and not only read the full article instantly, but gain unparalleled access to the specialist magazine for shipping enthusiasts.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item