A Great British India Line Trio
British India Line ships served as troopships in many wars, and their two largest liners of Neuralia and Nevasa (2) of 9,080 grt built on the Clyde in 1912/13 were converted into permanent troopships in 1925, and given the troopship white hull with a broad blue band and a yellow funnel three years later. The first Nevasa had been a smaller passenger ship of 2,950 grt built in 1884 and broken up at Bombay in 1908.
Subscribe today to read the full article!
Simply click below to subscribe and not only read the full article instantly, but gain unparalleled access to the specialist magazine for shipping enthusiasts.