by Robert Wyatt

The 8,754grt Arafura was built in 1954 by Barclay, Curle at Whiteinch for the Eastern & Australian SS Co. In 1970 she moved to British India Line and was renamed Tanda. On 4th May 1972 she arrived at Kaohsiung to be broken up by Tung Cheng Steel Corporation.
The 8,754grt Arafura was built in 1954 by Barclay, Curle at Whiteinch for the Eastern & Australian SS Co. In 1970 she moved to British India Line and was renamed Tanda. On 4th May 1972 she arrived at Kaohsiung to be broken up by Tung Cheng Steel Corporation.

The Eastern and Australian Shipping Companies new vessel Arafura (2), on her second trip to the Far East, departed Hong Kong in June 1955 for Yokkaichi, Japan.

Subscribe today to read the full article!

Simply click below to subscribe and not only read the full article instantly, but gain unparalleled access to the specialist magazine for shipping enthusiasts.

Subscribe nowLog In

PhotoTransport

Comments

Sorry, comments are closed for this item