An early Trinity House yacht off the Casquets.
An early Trinity House yacht off the Casquets. Courtesy ‘Light Upon the Waters’.

On 20 May 1514 Henry VIII presented a Royal Charter to a guild of mariners troubled by the poor conduct of unregulated pilots on the Thames, incorporating The Master Wardens and Assistants of the Guild Fraternity or Brotherhood of the Most Glorious and Undivided Trinity and of Saint Clement in the Parish of Deptford Strond, the Corporation’s full name to this day.

Sign-up today to read the full article!

Simply click below to sign-up and read the full article, as well as many others, instantly!

Sign-up nowLog In

Shipwrecked Mariners Xmas PhotoTransport

Comments

Sign-up or login to comment

Up next

Incat

500 Years of the Corporation of Trinity House of Deptford Strond