Long Beach on 17th November 2014. On the left is Carnival Cruises Carnival Inspiration and on the right the lovely Queen Mary.
The 70,367gt Carnival Inspiration was built in 1996 by Kvaerner Masa at Helsinki as the Inspiration. Her name was changed to Carnival Inspiration in 2007 in line with Carnival’s moneclature policy. On 3rd August 2020 she arrived at Aliaga to be broken up by Ege Celik.
The 81,235grt Queen Mary was completed in 1936 by John Brown & Co. at Clydebank after construction started in 1930. She left the Cunard fleet in 1967 when she departed Southampton on 31st October for her final voyage to Long Beach. See photo below.
Both photos: Nigel Lawrence
Sorry, comments are closed for this item